Working on a sad piano piece

Hello! I'm realising it's going to be hard to title each of these posts to sound unique if I post regular content on my progres...

Hello!

I'm realising it's going to be hard to title each of these posts to sound unique if I post regular content on my progress, oh well.

I've been trying to teach myself about chords recently, in particular sus chrods (suspended chords). I've realised how much of an impact these chords can have on adding a sad mood to a melody.

I initially set out to attempt my first piece of music using vocals however, I'm still undecided as I'm worried I could ruin the melody I have started to make.

Here's a quick recording of my progress so far on my latest track, I spent around 10-15 hours improvising with various chords and timescales, eventually creating this short and simple, yet hopefully impactful melody. This is only really the beginning point for me to work with for my next track so this will probably amount to the longest time I've spent making a piece of music, hopefully it will be reflected in the finished product.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images