Soms

My latest track, Soms. This piece is inspired by Yann Tiersen, Ludovico Einaudi and general soundtrack music. It was mainly written afte...



My latest track, Soms.

This piece is inspired by Yann Tiersen, Ludovico Einaudi and general soundtrack music. It was mainly written after lots of improvised playing on Ableton. I feel amazed sometimes what I come out with messing around. When I feel sad or alone, I tend to feel like I can have a conversation with music. I feel like the music communicates my feelings back to me, as if we're both conversing about whatever is upsetting me and I find it comforting in that moment. I guess that's how I lose hours to Ableton.

This track is trying to express thinking with worry. It's inspired by those moments you might be sat on a train/bus, looking out the window, watching the world pass you by whilst you contemplate something troubling you. In my case I spend a lot of time thinking about something I miss. Knowing at the time when I was the happiest I'd ever been I always had this uneasy feeling at the pit of my stomach that it was temporary. I guess though when you think about it, everything in life is temporary, even life itself. I guess it has become a security barrier for me now, to view everything as temporary, thus limiting the amount of dependency or want of closeness to anything.

I feel like I created a slightly unsettling thinking tone in this track, I hope you feel the same.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images